Classes & Private Sessions
“Why do you teach yoga?” This is the foundational question a teacher asks herself or himself.
Why do I teach yoga?
I teach yoga to help people live better lives.
You define what ‘better life’ means to you. I help you get there.
Public Class Descriptions & Information
I’m teaming up with Amy Grapel to offer a free slow flow class this Saturday, March 28 at 10:30 am. Yesssireebob! We’re going to give this virtual live class thing a go. I do hope you’ll consider joining us. It would be soooooooo wonderful to “see” your face–even if it’s online and only for 40 minutes. It won’t be professional, and heck, it might not even work, but we are giving it a go!
Art of Healing & Blue Lotus Living Online Yoga Class Guide
So very happy that you’re willing to give this virtual live yoga class a try! It’ll be fun and fulfilling, and oh-so-good for the body and soul. We’ve decided to try Zoom for our first attempt. The free version of Zoom allows a 40-minute meeting/class, so you’ll need to get logged into the class minutes before. Have your mat out and any props you might want ready. Consider a mat/pillow for your knees, blocks if you have them (food tins or thick books would work), and a belt if you have it (a tie or serape would work). And, because of copyright, we won’t be playing any music. I’ve created a playlist on Spotify that you can listen to while we practice or have your own music ready to play in the background. Here’s that link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3XgQ55KGgV6UpODwLeJ6ZE?si=0rpoD1ECRRqKUfO0RMJ0bg
How this will work:
- Have the app downloaded, log in and have your mat/props/music ready 5 minutes before class starts.
- Sign-up for the class on www.artofhealing.net(directions below: read to the bottom!) This is important because we need the email addresses of everyone attending.
- An email will be sent to you with a link to the meeting/class and a meeting ID and password. Click the link or use the ID/password to join in 5 minutes before class.
- Turn your audio and video on or off at the lower left-hand part of your screen. This way we can see your beautiful faces 🙂 You can choose to turn your video off if you don’t want to be seen.
Note: to make things run smoothly, we will mute all microphones so the audio does not cut in and out while we teach. This means we won’t get to hear each other, but you will hear us and we can see one another with your video on.
All of us are really stepping outside the box to do our practice online together! Please, be kind to yourself as you take a breath and download the app and figure out how Zoom works. Ask for help if you need it. Please also send Amy and me love as we will also have our struggles to make this happen. Be prepared for glitches, i.e. video or audio that cuts out, getting booted out of the class early for whatever reason, etc. Hey, it’s technology…. It’s great when it works!
Class sign up directions:
- Go to: www.artofhealing.net
- Click the “Yoga Schedule” button on the menu
- Scroll to the sign-up calendar about mid-page
- Select Sat March 28th by using the arrow key or ‘jump to date’ button
- Hit the sign-up button beside the class and follow the prompts from there
Note: you will get a class confirmation email so if you don’t, you may have missed a step. A reminder is also sent 24 hrs beforehand.
Zoom App directions:
- Go to your play store/apple store and search for ‘zoom cloud meetings’. The icon is a blue and white video camera or visit their webpage at https://zoom.us/
- Download the app
- Open it and follow their instructions
- They invite you to sign in or join a meeting with a meeting ID or link. You are joining a meeting
- A link and ID will be sent by either Amy or I via email about 10 minutes before class begins so you can join
- Click the link or enter the ID and you are taken right to our meeting/class
BREATHE….you can do this!
Let’s make it happen!
for one or two people
Create a practice that is specific to your needs.
These individual sessions are fabulous opportunities to:
- Have a home practice when you have limited time to get to a public class.
- Receive personalized and individualized attention.
- Work with specific limitations caused by injury or disease.
- Recover from illness or surgery.
- Deal with stress or anxiety.
Investment cost: First meeting is $75/hour for individuals, and $100 for two students. Thereafter, the cost is $50/hour for individuals and $75/hour for two of you. Sessions take place in your home or office.
for more than two people
Host a yoga class that is created just for you and your friends or family. These are fun and healthy ways to:
- Calm and relax before your wedding day
- Bliss out with your friends on your birthday
- Create a weekly practice with a small group of friends
- Add something special to your weekend get-aways
We can create whatever you want to make your session(s) fit your schedule and plans. The cost is $125/hour.
“Thank you again we had such a great time!! Everyone really enjoyed it!! & we all felt so nice afterwards. Perfect start to the day!” –Bobbie (who hosted a yoga session for her best friend’s bridal party)
Relaxation “parties” have become very popular because, well, because they’re yummy. This is what one participant wrote to me after her experience:
“There is absolutely nothing that can compare to a splendid afternoon with amazing women to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul. Even though I spent Friday night and all day Saturday at a Shambhala meditation course, I still managed to relax more deeply. …DiDi, what a generous donation to the auction at Shatford School. Thank you. You set a tone at the Sail Loft that was even more peaceful than that beautiful space normally bestows. You are appreciated.” –Lisa (who participated in a group deep relaxation party)
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 902 448 5683 (LOVE) NOTE: this number isn’t working while I’m away from Canada.